Hi there, I’m Kady Jo and welcome to my blog about dreaming. I have so many odd and colourful dreams that I have often found myself writing them down over the years. Many of them, I tell my friends and family about as they are incredibly random and amusing, e.g. dancing footloose style with MacGyver or being chased by giant beavers.
So, I have decided to share my dreams to see if there’s anyone else out there that has as many strange dreams as I do. I’m also going to try to decipher my dreams using dream interpretation sites online and my common sense, seeing what links to my activities during the day and what is pure nonsense.
Last night my dream involved a duck. A cute white, orange billed duck that followed me around where ever I went; work, shopping, home. It followed me everywhere and when I stood still, it would waddle right up to my feet and look up at me, occasionally wrapping a wing around my ankle as though trying to hug me. It was a very nice duck and I liked it a lot but unfortunately, the poor thing started to loose it’s feathers.
Interpretation using http://www.dreammoods.com –
- A white duck signifies falsehood and deceit yet a duck in general can represent flexibility.
I have no idea how the above could apply in any way so I’m going to go with my thought of this being influenced by my activities during the day. I’m re-learning German and had to write and say the word for duck several times. Later, I took photos of birds in the garden and caught a bit of sun.
By the way, if you’re wondering, the German word for duck is- Ente.
As the title suggests, all in the same night and I have no way of explaining them!
- I’m in a desert stood on the edge of a group of people. There’s a gold convertible car with one person in it. That person is on fire. They die and slump over the windscreen.
- Bruce Springsteen in a field in orange overalls leading some sort of rescue.
- Yellow and red birds that fly and land on a tree exactly the same as them but as soon as they do, it turns green with only a little bit of yellow on it.
- The Shires ( a band from the UK) deliver snow in a monster truck to me at the farmhouse I used to live at.
As the title suggests, all of the following took place on different nights but they’re all random and strange!
- My husband and I are trying to get through airport security (I have no idea where we’re going) and we get pulled aside and taken to a yellow room for people to search through our belongings. I have blisters on my feet.
- Bruce Springsteen is in the kitchen at the farmhouse where I grew up. He’s making dinner, telling me it’s not ready even though it quite clearly is. The fish-fingers are burned.
- I’m chasing Hugh Jackman. He’s climbing walls to get away from me but I just keep following!
- I’m with a group of people on a submarine (although, it’s rather spacious). Water starts to come in, an alarm goes off. I manage to find an air pocket and watch on a screen as the Klingons (Star Trek) get closer, waiting for them to beam me and any other survivors out even though they are the enemy.
There are no words for how random these dreams are!
It’s insanely noisy in the school hall that I’m in because it’s filled with people and there’s a band playing on the stage. It’s Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street band. Finally, at last! I’m at a Springsteen concert! But it doesn’t quite make sense to me as to why it’s in a school hall or why some of the seats are empty (they’re those plastic orangy-red chairs with black legs). I’m sat at the side on a long cabinet, the type you find in classrooms built in the 1950’s-1960’s, heavily varnished on top with loads of etched in graffiti.
Bruce is doing his thing, walking up and down the stage talking and he jumps down and sits on a table (I have no idea when these appeared but there’s school tables in place of some of the chairs) and starts chatting with someone. Now, he’s not far from me and I’m thinking if I can just give myself that little push, I could go over there, say ‘hi’ or something. Just something, anything because will I ever get this opportunity again? No! I must do something. So, what I manage to do is roll up my sleeves as I start to sweat at the thought of going over. My chest is tight, my heart is going crazy and I’m struggling to breathe but I have to go over! I must fight through my anxiety and take this chance!
Then, he starts to make his way over, sitting on another table and swinging his legs over, standing and walking over to me. Me! He stands in front of me, sticks out his hand for me to shake, says ‘hi there’ and I, being the panic induced idiot that I am, start to hyperventilate. I’m hyperventilating in front of Bruce Springsteen. Of course, what else would I do? Be normal? My breathing has got so out of control I’m on the verge of passing out. The Boss is stood in front of me and I’m going to collapse on him.
I wake up hyperventilating.
Interpretation using http://www.dreammoods.com-
Orange – denotes hope, friendliness, generosity and sociability. Also represents a stimulation of the senses.
Table – represents social unity and family connections.
Concert – represents harmony and cooperation in a situation or relationship in waking life.
Breathing rapidly – indicates anxiety, fear or tension concerning a new situation in waking life.
My thoughts –
Orange – one of my favourite colours
Tables – um, not sure but tables and chairs go together…
Concert – not sure about harmony and cooperation but I’m pretty sure I listened to some Springsteen that day, most likely live recordings also, I really, really, want to see him live.
Breathing rapidly/hyperventilating – pretty damn sure I’d do this in real life if I ever, somehow met Bruce so, even though the dream was unrealistic, the way I reacted in it wasn’t. Not sure why I was breathing like that when I woke though, not very pleasant.
Last night in my sleep I;
- Took a tour of America only it didn’t look like America, more like a street in an area I used to live in.
- Was chased through a warehouse by two people trying to kill me, one had a gun. It had something to do with an alien. I think I made it out alive.
- Had to dance with Pierce Brosnan on a stage whilst tying his tie. It had blue in it. I couldn’t tie it very well.
Needless to say that’s just summing up what went on in my head whilst I was asleep, I remember more than that for each dream but with there being three of the damn things I could write forever trying to get all the details. For example, at some point in one of the dreams, someone had a large jar of rather big pickled eggs.
There were actually more dreams than that but I can’t remember them.
By the way, eggs are connected to life and spirituality, representing potential within. Why they were pickled, I don’t have a clue!
I’m not going to fully go into this dream from the other night because it was so damn long and didn’t make any sense what so ever. It jumped from day to evening with different people but it was very clear to me in the dream that it was one event.
It started with me and parents in a local supermarket (near my parents home) and my mum decides she’s done with shopping and wants to drive home, leaving my dad in the shop with all the shopping. In the car we get and my mum starts driving, only she can’t drive and we end up going the wrong way up the road as she tries to turn around to go get my dad. My brother is in the car with us.
Next, it jumps to us all walking down a street somewhere. It’s dark and my brother and I are chatting whilst our parents walk ahead. We stop to look at a wall for some reason, there’s gold coins at the foot of the wall.
Then it jumps back to day time and I’m with my mum and a group of people. It seems like we’re on a tour of some sort as we have maps and leaflets in our hands. It’s sunny but cold and we’re walking around the outside of a shopping centre in my home town. Everyone is having a good time apart from me because I should be going to meet my friend only I don’t know where my friend is. I keep walking with the group and we find ourselves in a covered area that’s filled with geese. The geese turn into seagulls. There’s a white cat eating a seagull only there’s no blood to be seen.
Sometime after this, I wake up.
First, I feel the need to to say that my mother is a very competent motorcyclist, and even though at times she forgets things, she’d never go the wrong way up a road in a vehicle she can’t legally drive or forget my dad.
Interpretation using dreammoods.com –
Shopping – symbolises my needs and desires. I should consider what I’m shopping for.
Family – represents security, warmth and love. Or, bitterness, jealousy and rivalry depending on my relationship with my family.
Geese – represent domesticity and lifelong companionship. It could also indicate my tendency to go with the crowd
Seagulls – indicate a desire to get away from my problems or demands of life or it can symbolise my strengths.
White Cat – denotes difficult times.
My thoughts –
This is one random dream.
Daniel Craig is in my home, well, the farmhouse I used to live in. It has exactly the same decor as it did when my family moved out only there’s an extra oven. There’s a wonderful smell in the air, someone’s been baking!
“I’ve made gingerbread men,” Daniel says.
“Ooo,” I say, “can I have one?”
I shrug and pick up a book and read until he goes outside. When I’m sure he’s not in ear shot, I creep across the kitchen and to take a peek in the ovens. Only the oven doors won’t open for some reason.
Daniel taps on the window, “I knew you’d do that so I took precautions,” he smiles.
The oven doors are locked. Daniel Craig is refusing to let me eat gingerbread men. He’s in my house, using my things and not letting me eat gingerbread. I’m not happy.
I wake up wanting gingerbread men and just for a fleeting moment, disliking Daniel Craig.
Interpretation using dreammoods.com-
- An oven can indicate passion, loyalty, warmth and devotion
- Gingerbread refers to homeliness and the comforts of home. I’m in a happy place
- Being locked out suggests I’m feeling alienated or unaccepted. I have difficulty getting in touch with my feelings. I should consider what I’m being locked out of
- I did some baking yesterday
- A friend I saw yesterday mentioned gingerbread
- Maybe I like cakes and biscuits too much?
- I like Daniel Craig